Finally got to try this restaurant. We did the 6-course degustation menu. We got served the same course, so if you are sharing, I recommend doing the ala carte menu. The menu is not large, so you will be able to try almost all courses this way. It will cost about the same.
Our course included:
1) Wattle Seed puff - delicious and crunchy. Could make do as a dessert.
2) Cured Paroo Kangaroo - dish of the night. No 'gamey' taste at all.
3) Shark Bay Prawns - the tequila mayonnaise ties everything together.
4) Choice Mushrooms - second time I've have coral mushroom and I'm a fan (especially when is coated with crunchy batter). I might even turn vegetarian for this.
5) Gawler River Poussin - I found the grilled chicken a bit bland and the saffron risoni didn't provide enough sauce/favouring. However, the fried crispy chicken was abut salty. The sweet grilled leeks provided a nice respite.
6) Dark Chocolate - very well presented but chocolate is chocolate. I was hoping for one of the other lighter, more refreshing dessert to cleanse the palate.
*give the 'Unholy Water' cocktail a miss See less
... See all